Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 04/2019 27.05.2019
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Technician (Life Science) for Analytical Chemistry division of KRIBS-BIONEST, Cochin.
- Bachelor's degree (B.Sc) in life science, biology, biotechnology or a similar field with good academic record and a minimum of 6 months work experience in clinical laboratory.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ RESPONSIBILITES
- Knowledge of basic instruments such as Spectrophotometer, Microscope, ELISA, Centrifuge, Balance and general purpose equipments.
- Maintenance of equipment as per institute guidelines.
- Preparation of Standard operating procedures (SOP) for assays, work flow and equipment.
- Preparing reagents, buffers and standards and maintain necessary documents.
- Precisely perform sample processing/extraction procedures.
- Preparation, analysis and documentation of quality control samples.
- Laboratory stock maintenance.
- Knowledge of Chromatography with hands-on training in HPLC is desirable.
- Experience in coordinating student training programs.
Below 30 years as on 4th June, 2019.
15,000/- (consolidated) per month.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials & experience to reach the undersigned on or before 4th June, 2019. Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at KRIBS-BIONEST (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at KRIBS-BIONEST, the position will be co terminus with end of the project. Filled applications should be sent to Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappura, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram - 695014, Kerala.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview. In the event of more than 10 candidates being short-listed by screening the applications, a written test will be conducted before the selection interview and only those who are successful in the written test will be interviewed.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the written test/interview.