Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 07/2019 27.06.2019
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Junior Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow in a SERB (DST) funded research project entitled "Investigation on the role of the biochemical bistable switch in learning and memory in vivo" in the Laboratory of Dr. R V Omkumar at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- JRF candidates should have a Master's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks in any branch of Life Science. SRF candidate should have additionally a minimum 2 years of research experience.
- Candidates fulfilling the above eligibility but in the result awaited category are also encouraged to apply provided they pass Master's Degree at the time of interview.
- Qualification in National Eligibility test such as CSIR-UGC NET/GATE etc.
- Experience in working with molecular biology, cell culture and animal models.
Below 28 years for JRF candidates and 35 years for SRF candidates as on July 15, 2019. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
- For JRF: ₹ 31,000 + 16% HRA per month for M.Sc. Degree holders who have qualified at NET/GATE (with valid certificate). Candidates who do not have NET/GATE certification will be eligible for ` 12,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
- For SRF: ₹ 35,000 + 16% HRA per month for M.Sc. Degree holders who have qualified at NET/GATE (with valid certificate). Candidates who do not have NET/GATE certification will be eligible for ` 14,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
The project will be active for 3 years, but the initial appointment will be given for 6 months and further extension will be based on the performance.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials & experience to reach the undersigned on or before July 15, 2019. Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project. Filled applications should be sent to Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappura, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram - 695014, Kerala. Soft copy of the application should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview. In the event of more than 10 candidates being short-listed for the post of JRF by screening the applications, a written test will be conducted before the selection interview and only those who are successful in the written test will be interviewed. SRF candidates will be exempted from the written test.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the written test/interview.