Temporary Position Available
Adv. # 02/2019 27.05.2019
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Research Assistant for Bioprocess Technology and DSP Lab of KRIBS-BIONEST, Cochin.
- Candidate with a Master's Degree in any branch of Life Science. Applicants should have a minimum of 60% marks in MSc.
- Minimum 6 months work experience in industrial microbiology.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ RESPONSIBILITES
- Operating basic instruments such as Spectrophotometer, Microscope, Autoclave, Centrifuge, Balance and general microbiology lab equipment.
- Maintenance of equipment as per institute guidelines.
- Preparing media, reagents, buffers and maintain necessary documents.
- Laboratory stock maintenance.
- Knowledge of strain improvement using classical mutagenesis and rational selection, antimicrobial susceptibility assay is desirable.
- Experience in coordinating student training programs.
Below 28 years as on 4th June, 2019.
15,000/- (consolidated) per month.
The project will be active for 3 years, but the initial appointment will be given for 1 year and further extension will be based on the performance.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials & experience to reach the undersigned on or before 4th June, 2019. Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at KRIBS-BIONEST (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at KRIBS-BIONEST, the position will be co terminus with end of the project. Filled applications should be sent to Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappura, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram - 695014, Kerala.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview. In the event of more than 10 candidates being short-listed by screening the applications, a written test will be conducted before the selection interview and only those who are successful in the written test will be interviewed.
No TA/DA/Other emoluments will be given for appearing in the written test/interview